New Jersey Medical Marijuana Program Costs
The New Jersey Department of Health's Medicinal Marijuana Program requires registration and new users can register by going to https://njmmp.nj.gov/ and then opening the Patient Registration page. Figuring out how much your registration fees can be confusing with the available discounts so we've provided a summary below of all costs for your reference. It is important to note that your medical insurance will NOT cover the cost of participation in the New Jersey medical marijuana program. The most up to date prices for state fees and other information can be found on the Patient FAQ page of State of New Jersey Department of Health website here.
Our Enrollment Prices
Below are our standard fees. Discounts are available for veterans, senior citizens, and other qualifying disabled or special groups. Prices may vary so please call (856) 351-5277 to discuss
This includes the office visit, registration visit, education visit, follow-up
and a 3-month prescription.
- Adult (18+): $300 - $400
- Ages 16-18: $200
- Minors <16: Free
- This includes the office visit, registration visit, education visit, follow-up and a 3-month prescription.
Transfer Fee: $200
- This is for digital scans and uploads of patient paperwork.
Follow-Up Visit: $50-$100
- This is for a three-month recertification.
State Registration Fee*
The regular registration fee for patients and caregivers is $100 each. If you fall into any of the categories below there may be discounts available if you qualify.
- Veterans: $20 registration fee with valid documentation such as your Veterans Identification Card.
- Senior Citizens (over 65 years of age): $20 registration fee with valid documentation..
Qualifying State and Federal Assistance Programs:$20 registration fee with valid documentation.
- NJ Medicaid Program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits
- NJ Temporary Disability Insurance benefits (TDI)
- Supplemental Security Income Benefits (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Benefits (SSD)
- Minors: Required fee is $100; however, if the guardian qualifies for a reduced registration fee, the minor patient also qualifies for the reduced fee. Minor patients may have up to two caregivers.
Registration must be renewed every two years in New Jersey.
Compliance with New Jersey MMP Laws
In order to remain compliant with the NJMMP laws, you will need to visit our office every 90 days for a re-certification. We highly encourage you to contact our office at least 14 days before this time period (90 days) is up. We CANNOT recertify you unless you have been seen by the doctor. Are you an RA Pain Services patient? Please make a separate appointment for your MMP recertification. We are two separate programs and will make no exceptions.
Make your appointment before leaving the office, or call us at (856) 351-5277.
RA Pain Services will not be able to answer any questions nor help you with any problems you may have concerning the NJ Medical Marijuana Program. They do not accept walk-ins. All documentation must be dropped off during New Jersey Alternative Medicine office hours. Lastly, all medicinal marijuana must be purchased at an Alternative Treatment Center (ATC).
*These prices are state required fees and are separate from service charges from our facilities. This site may not reflect the most up to date information and any updates can be found here.